Years ago, I had one of the most delicious appetizer I’ve ever tasted. But to be fair, almost anything in a cresent roll tastes amazing! LOL! There are different variations of this including broccoli and/or bacon.
The only thing I would change is adding shredded lettuce in the middle…or perhaps a flower (ala “My Big Fat Greek Wedding”).
2-3 cups cooked chicken, diced
3/4 cup shredded cheese – I used mexican blend because I had it on hand
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon mustard
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1 sliced tomato
2 cans of Crescent rolls (8 count)
1 egg white, lightly beaten
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix chicken, cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, and a few sprinkles of garlic powder and salt and pepper
2. Arrange the crescent rolls on a large round pan (like a pizza pan) so that the triangles overlap each other and one corner is facing outwards. You might want to flatten the dough now so it’s easier to fold over later.
3. Spoon mixtureon the the inner part of the crescent roll. Don’t spread it up to the outward tip because you’re going to fold that over.
4. Top with tomato slices. I tried to spread it out evenly so that sometimes the tomato slice peeked through.
5. Fold over the corners and try to tuck it into the inner ring.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 11- 13 minutes or until the crescent rolls are cooked through.