If you like REAL authentic Chinese food, you have to go to Jade Villa (in Virginia Beach, close to the corner of S. Independence and Virginia Beach Blvd).
What I order
I love dumplings and I love the dim sum menu at Jade Villa. My favs are the pork shumai and the shrimp har gow.
My favorite entree is the salted and spicy scallops OR pork chops. They basically bread the meat, deep fry it, and season it with salt, huge amounts of roasted garlic and thin slices of jalapeno peppers. I typically don’t eat spicy foods, but this dish wasn’t spicy for me. Seriously, this entree is on my list of foods I would want as my last meal.
I love my meal so much, I usually don’t stray from it — which is pretty unusual for me. However here are some recommendations from my friends:
- the stuffed eggplant on the dim sum menu
- cashew chicken
- dumpling soup (American style)
- Hong Kong soup
- any whole fried fish
Oh yeah, almost forgot
- There are two menus plus a dim sum menu so make sure you look everything over before you order!
- I think there is some sort of dim sum buffet on Sundays, but I’m not 100% sure so I would call ahead.
- They are open until 1am on the weekends but I don’t think they are open for lunch.
Directions to Jade Villa